With Ramadhan around the corner, I thought I would share a few of my favourite and simple drink recipes
Date and Tahini Shake (serves 3-4)
- 3 cups milk of choice
- 10 dates (medjool or sukary dates work best)
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (you can substitute with almond butter)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional (ice)
Blend all ingredients together until smooth and serve!
If your dates are not soft/squidgy – you can soak them in water overnight and add in to shake when ready to blend.
Peanut Butter and Banana shake (serves 3 – 4)
- 3 ripe bananas (freeze overnight for a creamier shake)
- 5 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 3 cups of milk of choice (oat milk is nice in this – extra protein!)
Blend and serve with ice!
Chocolate and Vanilla shake (serves 3 – 4)
- 3 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of cacoa powder (substitute with cocoa powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
Blend and serve with dark chocolate shavings on top – and whipped cream for a more indulgent shake and enjoy!
Ideas for optional add ins to make the shakes more wholesome and nutritious: protein powder, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, handful of oats, coconut oil, coconut water, coconut milk, maca powder, moringa powder, spinach